If you’re frowning at that title, don’t worry. Few bingo players know what proprietary bingo sites are, but it does pay to know the difference between these and other sites you might visit. That’s why we’ve put together this guide so you can tell the difference.
Our top choices for sites with great in-house games and software
The mFortune site makes it easy to play top games on your desktop and your mobile device. Start out with a free fiver!Read Full Review »
What are proprietary bingo sites?
Proprietary sites are those that have their own proprietary software. Okay, that’s as clear as mud, so here’s another way of describing it: They have a unique design and custom software that is designed for that site and that site alone.
This basically means you won’t see any other sites that use the same familiar design, games and layout, albeit with a different theme. A proprietary site is totally unique and provides an experience you won’t get anywhere else.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of using this kind of site?
Wouldn’t you just guess there are pros and cons to proprietary bingo sites? Of course there are, which is why we’ve listed a few of the main points here.
- Standalone software means you’ll get a bingo experience not offered anywhere else
- You won’t get the feeling you’ve seen the site before, even if it had a different title and theme
- You can get access to exclusive offers
- You may get different welcome bonuses and promotions
- There can be fewer players on an individual site, which could raise the odds of winning…
- You can play games no other site offers
- Smaller sites may not offer jackpots that are as big as those on networked sites
- The software could be substandard
- Fewer players means you may have smaller prizes overall
- There’s potentially a higher chance of ‘glitchy’ software
- The games may not be as good as those produced by a large network with access to several software providers
Standalone sites vs big networks vs a mix of both
So what kind of site should you prefer? And more than that, would it be wise to try a combination of them rather than opting for one or the other?
- Standalone sites have unique features you won’t get elsewhere
- Big networks usually have a good pedigree
- You may get more games from big networks
- Using a mix of both may mean you really can get the best of both worlds!
Top tip: do your research and look around
We all have our own ideas of what makes a great bingo site. You may have a favourite site that appeals to you because of its theme, its jackpots or its variety of bingo rooms. Whatever the case may be, shopping around for different options is definitely a good idea.
Which type of bingo site will you use?
This is down to personal preference, but there are pros and cons for both proprietary and network sites. Check them both out and see which ones tick the boxes for you.